A guide on searching our Mura® Collections catalogue for material on Indigenous Australians Festivals
How do I find items relating to Indigenous Australian Festivals in the AIATSIS Collections?
Go to our Mura® Collections Catalogue and use some of the following search terms:
- "Culture – Cultural Festivals"
- "Aboriginal Australians – Rites and ceremonies"
- "Religions – Christianity – Ceremonies – Coming of the Light"
- "Dance Festivals"
You can refine your search by:
- Browsing the AIATSIS thesauri for relevant terms
- Place Name, for example: Torres Strait Islands
- Language or People Name, for example: Kalaw Lagaw Ya / Kala Lagaw Ya language
To find if a library near you has the item search Trove.
Are there any online resources for Indigenous Australian Festivals?
There are a number of free websites and subscription databases containing online material, some full-text, for Indigenous Australian Festivals. Highlights include:
- The Dreaming Festival
- Coming of the Light
- Garma Festival
- Laura Dance Festival
- Merrepen Arts Festival
- Milpirri Festival
- NAIDOC on the Peninsula
- Nayri Niari Festival
- Stylin’ Up
- Walking with Spirits
- Winds of Zenadth Festival
Request collection access or appointment